In a conversation with The HealthSite, Raman Mittal, Co-founder of Idanim, a mental wellness and meditation app, has shared ten benefits of mindfulness meditation for your mental health.
1. Reduces Stress And Anxiety - Meditation significantly helps you reduce stress and anxiety by helping you relax and decreasing your cortisol levels.
2. Increases Focus And Concentration - Meditation helps maintain focus and concentration.
3. Improves Sleep - Research has proven that meditation improves the quality of your sleep, increases the amount of deep sleep, and reduces the time one takes to fall asleep.
4. Improves Self-esteem - Meditation helps improve self-acceptance and self-compassion. This leads to higher self-esteem and increased compassion towards oneself.
5. Improves Decision-making - Meditation improves the decision-making process by improving the clarity of thought.
6. Enhances Self-awareness - Meditation is all about being aware. You can become more aware of your thoughts, feelings, and body, which will help you better understand yourself.
7. Improves Relationships - During meditation, you practice empathy and compassion towards others. This helps in improving your interpersonal relationships.
8. Enhances Creativity - Meditation enhances creativity and creates a mental space that promotes creativity.
9. Improves Memory - Regular meditation strengthens your neural connections associated with attention and focus, enhancing the ability to retain and recall information.
10. Improves Overall Well-being - Meditation improves well-being by promoting relaxation, reducing stress, and improving emotional regulation.
See the actual coverage here.